fot

[Fot] 2017 Kastner Cup Update

Subject: [Fot] 2017 Kastner Cup Update
From: robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com (Robert Lang)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 23:19:56 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,
You need to add "https://"; in to the VSCDA site, so the correct link is:
https://www.vscda.org
Bob Lang

    On Thursday, February 9, 2017 2:06 PM, Brian Garcia via Fot <fot at
autox.team.net> wrote:

  Amici-
Just 126 days until we are on track at Blackhawk Farms. ?I am so excited to see
this come together. ?I have been working with the event chairs at VSDCA and the
schedule is nearly complete. ?Registration should be opening up within the
week. ?I'll send a link as soon as it goes live. ?I have been negotiating using
feedback I have received from you all with regard to our anticipated field
size. ?To ?that end, if you are able it will be very helpful if you are able to
register as early as possible so that we can plan accordingly. ?VSCDA usually
offers a financial incentive to register early and I expect that will be the
case with this event as well. ? Their website is www.vsdca.org?I wanted to
share some additional developments regarding the FOT Paddock. ?The center of
all Triumph - related activity will be a tented area in the middle of the FOT -
designated area. ?That tent will host a hospitality area that I really think
you'll like. ?It is there that racers and spectators will be able to gather to
swap stories, catch up with old friends, watch in car video from the day's
activities and so on. ?This is also where we will host the trophy presentations
for the weekend. ?In addition to capturing the social aspect of FOT, we wanted
the tent to also serve the competitors whose luck is maybe not the best that
weekend. ?Even as we strive to "Never be Beaten by Equipment" we all are surely
to take some blows. ?My lasting impression of FOT will always be my first
Kastner Cup at Road Atlanta where at one point on Saturday there where four
TR4s within twenty feet of my trailer door with a variety of ailments. ?And
surrounding them were as many guys that could fit (and some that couldn't) all
trying to help however they could. ?I want to foster that same spirit at this
years event. ? So, Friendly Ghost Racing will be sponsoring a triage service
area open to any competitor in need. ?There will be two service bays held open
for anyone that needs a covered, lit, work area ?and our tools are your tools.
?There will be compressed air, scales, alignment tools, a welder, engine hoist
- and if we don't have it at the track chances are we know where to get it. ?We
want anyone that did us the honor of making the tow to the event to have every
opportunity to make it on track. ?
For the aid of our family and friends both at the track and away there are a
few more items that I wanted to let you know about. ?We will be posting video
updates and interviews throughout the weekend on social media. ?I will make
sure that all needed links are in hand well before the weekend. ?I will also be
contacting anyone that enters via email with a short list of questions. ?Don't
be shy - it's for a good cause. ?We're putting together a spotter's guide for
the Kastner Cup that will include pictures of all the cars and some basic
history about it and its driver. ?It should be a helpful tool for the
spectators and a nice keepsake for what we hope will be a memorable event.?
Several members have generously reached out and contributed some funds to help
offset the cost of the event and I can't thank you enough for that support. ?If
anyone else would like to help in any way feel free to contact me via email,
phone, or text. ?Thanks again!

Friendly Ghost RacingBrian Garcia?847-452-2246 cell / textcudapilot at
comcast.net
Jason Ostrowski312-208-5227Jason at multivintage.com

?
fot at autox.team.net