fot

[Fot] Transverse Leaf Spring Orientation?

Subject: [Fot] Transverse Leaf Spring Orientation?
From: levilevi at comcast.net (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 13:11:10 -0700
List,

The manual says to put the transverse leaf spring in with the front of the
spring towards the front of the car. I didn?t pay any attention when I took it
out since I didn?t know that was important to know and odds are it might not
have been put in right by the previous owner anyhow. I don?t see any obvious
way of knowing what the front of the spring is since it?s not marked on the
spring and there?s no obvious way of knowing what the front is. There is no
difference in curve or bolt holes or anything I can see to figure this out.

Anyone know how to tell what the front is or know if it matters? I figure it
matters since the manual is specific about it but I don?t know why. I don?t
want to get to the point of putting the vertical links, shocks, etc. back on
only to find out it does matter for fitting everything back together.

Thanks for your help.
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)