fot

Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH triumphs...

To: Bill Dentinger <billdentin@aol.com>, Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>, Jerry Van Vlack <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TRIUMPH triumphs...
From: John Styduhar via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:44:10 -0400
Cc: Triumph 'Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--0000000000002cdcbb0575c1bed3

Yes, a good TR representation including several racing Spitfires and a
small contingent of Western PA Triumph Assc. members as well.  But the only
"good" day of racing for me was Friday when the track was dry.   Rain all
day Saturday and the event cancelled Sunday due to the weather.  There was
some discussion about staging a TR/MG challenge in conjuction with this VRG
event similar to the Formula Ford/Formula V races during the weekend.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:47 AM Bill Dentinger via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Amici...
>
> Henry Frye TR250, Scott Jensen GT6, Mike Moore TR4, John Styduhar TR3B,
> and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st,
> 2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium
> Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).  Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in a mix
> also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche,
> Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.
>
> Special kudos to Henry Frey, a near cripple (recent arm surgery) at race
> time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the end
> of the race...due to his still sore wing.  While I heard he had a
> Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed
> during the race.  As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone in
> the road issues disappear.  His First Overall finish is especially
> impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.
>
> Kudos to those Triumphs...One and All!
>
> Bill Dentinger
>
> PS Too bad Henry didn't choose to run Ole Blue.  He'd have probably lapped
> the field.

--0000000000002cdcbb0575c1bed3

, a good TR representation including several racing Spitfires and a small c=
ontingent of Western PA Triumph Assc. members as well.=C2=A0 But the only &=
quot;good&quot; day of racing for me was Friday when the track was dry.=C2=
=A0 =C2=A0Rain all day Saturday and the event cancelled Sunday due to the w=
eather.=C2=A0 There was some discussion about staging a TR/MG challenge in =
conjuction with this VRG event similar to the Formula Ford/Formula V races =
during the weekend.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 3:47 AM Bill Dentinger via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
e class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc sol=
id;padding-left:1ex"><font color=3D"black" size=3D"2" face=3D"arial">

, and Vic Schuster TR Ambro sure carried our flag admirably to finish 1st, =
2nd, 4th, 9th, and 10th in a field of 32 entries in the Group FIVE (Medium =
Bore) VRG Race (Pittsburg).=C2=A0 Twenty-four cars took the green flag, in =
a mix also made up of angry Alfas, Astons, BMWs, Datsun, Loti, MGs, Porsche=
, Volvos, VWs, and even a lowly Pinto.</div>

ce time, who actually needed assistance getting out of the race car at the =
end of the race...due to his still sore wing.=C2=A0 While I heard he had a =
Handicapped Parking Pass displayed in his paddock, no assistance needed dur=
ing the race.=C2=A0 As we all know, once that green flag drops, such stone =
in the road issues disappear.=C2=A0 His First Overall finish is especially =
impressive since two cars ran faster lap times.</div>

e probably lapped the field.</div>

/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; rel=3D"noreferrer" t=