fot

Re: [Fot] free entry into the Triumph race at the Glen?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] free entry into the Triumph race at the Glen?
From: yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 05:08:05 -0400
As someone who cut their teeth with SVRA but has not turned a wheel with
them in 10 years, here's my take.

Seems like a decent marketing move on SVRA's part to attempt to get some
of the small bore racers back to the club, essentially offering a free
entry to a premier festival event. Hopefully it will be successful for
them, last year I think there were three Triumph entries at this event!
I wonder if the gesture will result in boosting the entries of our cars
at other SVRA races, obviously that is what they are hoping for.

I must say it would be hard to pass up a free entry to this event, the
Friday afternoon activities downtown are certainly fun and different.
For many that compensates for the limited track time we used to get with
the old SVRA. I can't speak firsthand on how long the sessions are these
days, but less entries usually means more track time!

I do wonder what SVRA's criteria for the invite is, I ran that same race
in 2008 that Mike H did, plus LOTS before that dating back to 2000, but
no invite for me. I am running a different car now, perhaps that has
something to do with it. Or maybe they remember me and just don't want
me! I'm thinking it's the latter... ;-)

But to answer Mike's question, as long as the VRG schedule continues to
have PittRace in September (on this same weekend) and Watkins in
October, that's where I will be. I enjoy the track time a lot more than
the festival stuff, and getting to run both tracks in the fall is worth
it to me to pass up a free entry.

I can make money, but I can't make time.