fot

[Fot] TR3 Steering box rebuild binding up

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 Steering box rebuild binding up
From: Steven Belfer via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 15:43:01 -0800
Friends,
In an attempt to reduce free play on center in my TR3, I rebuilt my steering
box. I replaced the bronze bushing, honed it to fit, I replaced the pin with a
new one on the rocker shaft. I put in new bearings, shimmed the front plate and
put it back in the car.  On jack stands, it works great but when itâ??s in the
ground, it binds up and I can barely turn the steering wheel.

It moans and groans and feels bound up in the worm gear.

Whatâ??s going on? Iâ??m going nuts

~Steve