fot

[Fot] Novice at SOVREN Spring Sprints

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Novice at SOVREN Spring Sprints
From: David Cutter via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 08:28:35 -0700

--00000000000093591e0587acf0b6

So, after 9 months of listening and learning on FoT, we make our first
post.  Three days of beautiful warm weather at Pacific Raceways made for a
great first race weekend.  Many many thanks to the FoT amici who helped us
get here.

Steve Hare, the guy who got us started...our "Obi-Wan Kenobi" who has a
seemingly endless supply of Spit spares in his shop.

Charly Mitchel and Alec Buchan, our on and off-track driver mentors for the
weekend.  We learned a lot!

Jeff Quick for his amazing troubleshooting methods and Triumph technical
knowledge.  You really helped our pit crew (my son Sam) overcome some
challenges and get the car back out for the next green flag!

Brian Cornell with his yellow and black #85 Spitfire, the other 1147 in
Group 1 Smallbore.  It was great racing with you, my friend,

Phil Pidcock and Bob Scollard, you guys sure know how to drive Spitfires
fast...someday we will be up there with you.  Good luck to both of you at
Buttonwillow this weekend!

Ed Dunn, Jerry Craft and Joe Siam, the Red #22 '64 Spitfire continues to
race on.  We had to re-number for SOVREN, so my son Sam picked #42.

And last, but certainly not least, Bill Dettinger, for building the Beady
Eye race trailer and Scott Barr for refreshing the mechanicals on it.  Now
twenty-seven years old, it's definitely vintage and has acquired a nice
patina.  Lots of good Triumph team karma in that trailer.

Cheers,
Dave Cutter

--00000000000093591e0587acf0b6

ing on FoT, we make our first post.=C2=A0 Three days of beautiful warm weat=
her at Pacific Raceways made for a great first race weekend.=C2=A0 Many man=
Hare, the guy who got us started...our &quot;Obi-Wan Kenobi&quot;=C2=A0who =
div><div>Charly Mitchel and Alec Buchan, our on and off-track driver mentor=
ick for his amazing troubleshooting methods and Triumph technical knowledge=
.=C2=A0 You really helped our pit crew (my son Sam) overcome some challenge=
v>Brian Cornell with his yellow and black #85 Spitfire, the other 1147 in G=
roup 1 Smallbore.=C2=A0 It was great racing with you, my friend,</div><div>=
ve Spitfires fast...someday we will be up there with you.=C2=A0 Good luck t=
n, Jerry Craft and Joe Siam, the Red #22 &#39;64 Spitfire continues to race=
 on.=C2=A0 We had to re-number for SOVREN, so my son Sam picked #42.=C2=A0=
tinger, for building the Beady Eye race trailer and Scott Barr for refreshi=
ng the mechanicals on it.=C2=A0 Now twenty-seven years old, it&#39;s defini=
tely vintage and has acquired a nice patina.=C2=A0 Lots of good Triumph tea=

--00000000000093591e0587acf0b6--

--===============6413957502051109554==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com