fot

Re: [Fot] Weird Race Weekend Question

To: van.mulders.marcel@telenet.be
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weird Race Weekend Question
From: fubog1 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 13:09:03 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

------=_Part_3909564_2041981272.1574860143898

 Yes the alignment is another good point, misalignment can eat up a chain a=
nd set of gears quickly.The tensioner design is fine for a stock engine but=
 it's just another point where we're pushing it way beyond design limits.Id=
eally it should have a spring/oil pressure pad ala MG, Jaguar, etc.Making t=
he best of a bad situation, good quality gears and chain, and a plated tens=
ioner, will last a long time.I also polish the free end of the tensioner wh=
ere it slides on the inside of the timing cover, some have very rough sharp=
 edges and will "scrape" right through the cover.(Yeah some of you are nodd=
ing your head and laughing at memories of elusive oil leaks...)Glen
=20
=20