fot

Re: [Fot] Tech Question - Not Triumph Related

To: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler1947@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tech Question - Not Triumph Related
From: Chip Collingwood via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:19:23 -0500
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>

--00000000000033a3fe059f1e4174

ground the sender wire. turn ign on. the gauge should go to full. if it
does sender is bad and gauge is most likely ok, but if it's old may still
need recalibrating.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020, 5:29 PM Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Sorry to bother you, but can anyone tell me if there is a way to check a
> fuel sending unit, without taking it out of the tank?  I'm working on a
> Morgan and the fuel gauge is not working - needle does not move at all.
> All the wires are attached at both ends, so unless there is a broken wire
> someplace in between, it has to be either the sending unit, or the gauge,
> right?  The sending unit is easy to access, but not if you have to take it
> out of the tank.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jack

--00000000000033a3fe059f1e4174

to full. if it does sender is bad and gauge is most likely ok, but if it&#3=
b 21, 2020, 5:29 PM Jack Wheeler via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.te=
il_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-lef=
t:1ex"><div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue,Helvetica,Arial,sans-s=
erif;font-size:13px"><div dir=3D"ltr">Sorry to bother you, but can anyone t=
ell me if there is a way to check a fuel sending unit, without taking it ou=
t of the tank?=C2=A0 I&#39;m working on a Morgan and the fuel gauge is not =
working - needle does not move at all.=C2=A0 All the wires are attached at =
both ends, so unless there is a broken wire someplace in between, it has to=
 be either the sending unit, or the gauge, right?=C2=A0 The sending unit is=
 easy to access, but not if you have to take it out of the tank.</div><div =
___________________<br>
fot@autox.team.net</a><br>
=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
errer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>