fot

[Fot] Reline Heavy Shockproof Gear OIl All Sythetic

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Reline Heavy Shockproof Gear OIl All Sythetic
From: Bud Rolofson via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 11:52:35 -0600
Listerati
Does anyone know if the Redline gear oil is going to eat the yellow metal in my
Spitfire differential? Is it GL4 or GL5. Only info I found said it "exceeds
GL5" without being any more specific. Does being All Synthetic make a
difference in its ability to eat TR diffs?
I drained a spare Spit diff of some nasty old oil plus a little bit of water
(do diffs  condensate water internally like gas tanks since they are "open air
vented) and I want to put gear oil so it's ready to race off the shelf.
Full disclosure I raced last season with it in my welded Spit 4:11 diff with no
problems, no leaks, but who knows about the yellow parts.

Living the dream of getting caught up on projects in the shop.
Thanks
Bud

Sent from my Commodore 64
fot@autox.team.net