fot

Re: [Fot] Reline Heavy Shockproof Gear OIl All Sythetic

To: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Reline Heavy Shockproof Gear OIl All Sythetic
From: Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 14:22:30 -0400
Cc: FoTTriumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000e2d34b05a3586688

Bud, I got this from my tranny and diff guy, John Esposito at Quantum
Mechanics. Not a direct answer to your question but it does reference
Redline diff oils

"For the diffs we found the CRC Sta-lube brand 85W90 is a high quality GL4
spec oil or you can use the Redline 75W90 synthetic (even though it says
GL5).

For the transmissions you might want to switch to the Redline MTL or MT90
spec synthetic oils."

mike h

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 1:54 PM Bud Rolofson via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Listerati
> Does anyone know if the Redline gear oil is going to eat the yellow metal
> in my Spitfire differential? Is it GL4 or GL5. Only info I found said it
> "exceeds GL5" without being any more specific. Does being All Synthetic
> make a difference in its ability to eat TR diffs?
> I drained a spare Spit diff of some nasty old oil plus a little bit of
> water (do diffs  condensate water internally like gas tanks since they are
> "open air vented) and I want to put gear oil so it's ready to race off the
> shelf.
> Full disclosure I raced last season with it in my welded Spit 4:11 diff
> with no problems, no leaks, but who knows about the yellow parts.
>
> Living the dream of getting caught up on projects in the shop.
> Thanks
> Bud
>
> Sent from my Commodore 64

--000000000000e2d34b05a3586688

 at Quantum Mechanics. Not a direct answer to your question but it does ref=
e CRC Sta-lube brand 85W90 is a high quality GL4 spec oil or you can use th=
e Redline 75W90 synthetic (even though it says GL5).<br><br>For the transmi=
ssions you might want to switch to the Redline MTL or MT90 spec synthetic o=
"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at=
 1:54 PM Bud Rolofson via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);pad=
ding-left:1ex">Listerati<br>
Does anyone know if the Redline gear oil is going to eat the yellow metal i=
n my Spitfire differential? Is it GL4 or GL5. Only info I found said it &qu=
ot;exceeds GL5&quot; without being any more specific. Does being All Synthe=
tic make a difference in its ability to eat TR diffs?<br>
I drained a spare Spit diff of some nasty old oil plus a little bit of wate=
r (do diffs=C2=A0 condensate water internally like gas tanks since they are=
 &quot;open air vented) and I want to put gear oil so it&#39;s ready to rac=
e off the shelf.<br>
Full disclosure I raced last season with it in my welded Spit 4:11 diff wit=
h no problems, no leaks, but who knows about the yellow parts.<br>
Living the dream of getting caught up on projects in the shop.<br>
Thanks<br>
Bud<br>
Sent from my Commodore 64<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/ofracer@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/fot/ofracer@gmail.com</a><br>

--000000000000e2d34b05a3586688--