fot

Re: [Fot] Moldex Crankshaft

To: Joe Alexander <joealexandervintage@gmail.com> definitions=2020-04-30_13:2020-04-30, 2020-04-30 signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1011 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=999 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-2002250000 definitions=main-2004300172
Subject: Re: [Fot] Moldex Crankshaft
From: Greg Blake via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 18:27:17 -0500
Cc: Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Sadly, Pops and I had a similar experience with a machine shop and their
inability to bore a TR6 block to the specified dimension for new pistons. The
first attempt, pistons would not even go in the block. By the time I am ready
for pistons, I am hours in to cleaning and prepping a block.  Talk about
frustration.

Block goes back.

Next try, we are a little smarter, first thing we check is piston clearance.
Guess what, the pistons donâ??t fit.

Block goes back and a very long conversation commences with machinist.

Block comes home and by this time we had finally purchased a dial bore gauge.
We check the bores and clearances are spot on.

Lesson learned. Trust but verify. Funny because thatâ??s my mantra at work
being an engineer.

silly me.

Sent from my iPhone