fot

Re: [Fot] Goodwood youtube

To: J Wagner <4msonset@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Goodwood youtube
From: Dave via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 16:23:55 -0700
Cc: Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>

--Apple-Mail-51D6DA58-6B0B-4033-8DA8-68F67B64BBC2
        charset=utf-8

I've met Jay Leno at Laguna during the historical races a few times, but the=
 first time was the most memorable.  It was early on a Thursday or Friday mo=
rning when the paddock was fairly quiet.  I was with a friend and saw a Berk=
eley with the front body work off.  Knowing there was a motorcycle engine of=
 some sort in there, I went over for a closer look.  I was studying it's Nor=
ton engine and other components with great interest.  In my excitement to sh=
are what I was looking at, I made a really quick pivot to call my friend ove=
r and slammed into someone standing closely and silently looking right over m=
y shoulder at the same machine.  In an instant I body slammed Jay Leno.  I s=
tepped on his foot, kicked him in the shin, elbowed him in the gut and my sh=
oulder just grazed his chin.  Before I noticed it was him I grunted and curs=
ed, then looked up and said something like, oh hello and excuse me, I beg yo=
ur pardon. =20
Dave H.=20

Sent from my iPad

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 9:40 AM, J Wagner <4msonset@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> In 2004, my mom spent months creating several paintings for an upcoming ch=
arity art show.  Actress Jane Seymour, who is also an artist, was the celebr=
ity anchor of the show.  Just weeks before the show, my mom passed away, in h=
er sleep, from a heart attack.  I contacted her friends involved in the show=
 and arranged for her art to still be put on display in the show.  I did it f=
or my mom and I did because I wanted to see her friends that would be attend=
ing as I knew I=E2=80=99d likely never have an opportunity to see many of th=
em again.  At the show, I ran into Jane Seymour.  Being a prop master in the=
 film business, I=E2=80=99ve been on sets and locations with a lot of movie s=
tars, but there=E2=80=99s never an opportunity to just have a conversation. =
 Frankly, it=E2=80=99s frowned upon.  Suddenly she=E2=80=99s right there in f=
ront of me, and i was thrilled with the opportunity have a few words with he=
r.  I introduced myself by explaining my mom was also exhibiting in the show=
, but that she had just passed away, and I started to mention my connection t=
o the film buiz, when I realized she wasn=E2=80=99t paying attention to a wo=
rd I was saying.   She was rubber necking around me, looking at everyone but=
 me.  She totally blew me off. =20
>=20
> Every time I see her on one of her TV commercials, I feel a little ill.   T=
he way she put me off when I was still mourning the sudden loss of my mother=
 just burned a hole in my psyche that I can=E2=80=99t shake.  When I think h=
ow all she had to do was be polite and share a sentence or two with this you=
ng man, that had just lost his mother, to bring a little sunshine back to hi=
s soul, just kills me.=20
>=20
> Many celebrities have no idea the impact they have when they=E2=80=99re ru=
de.   Some do get it.  I remember Angie Dickinson, early in my career arrivi=
ng on a set, no handlers, no entourage, no demands, dressed rather frumpy, j=
ust walking up to craft service and grabbing a morning snack, and greeting m=
e (at that time a carpenter) like any other crew member, as an equal.  That s=
mall gesture made her one of my most favorite celebrities in terms of those t=
hat I had contact with.  She=E2=80=99s second only to Meg Ryan.  I had picke=
d up some prop from Paramount Studios and happened to walk passed her traile=
r.  The door was open and we caught eyes.  And she gave me the sweetest =E2=80=
=9Ccome hither=E2=80=9D smile I=E2=80=99d ever seen from an attractive young=
 woman yet alone a movie star.  That one smile, instead of a What-the-fuck-a=
re-you-looking at? grimace, and she could do no wrong in my eyes for the res=
t of my life! =20
>=20
> Jackie Stewart apparently is one of those that just don=E2=80=99t get it. =
  Shame.
>=20
>=20
>> On Apr 30, 2020, at 8:28 AM, DAVE HOGYE via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrot=
e:
>>=20
>> A couple years ago, at the Rolex Reunion, Jackie Stewart was walking by i=
n front of my TR3 with another person and said something like, this is a Tri=
umph TR3, very good car, my brother had one of these.  I motioned to come cl=
oser to have a look, he waved and shook his head no and walked away.  He tot=
ally blew me off.=20
>> DH
>>> On April 30, 2020 at 5:54 AM Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wro=
te:=20
>>>=20
>>> Wow. John Young Stewart: what class! Giving the rose to the girl in the w=
heelchair. Sir Jackie is in a class by himself.
>>>=20
>>> I saw him race F1 at the Glen several times. Also drove a Lola Can Am ca=
r in '71.
>>>=20
>>> The sound of a Cosworth Ford sure beats the whirl of an electric car. Da=
rned old Luddite!
>>>=20
>>> Stay safe.
>>>=20
>>> Bill
>>>=20
ecently. 5:00 minutes in something really strange happens.=20
mcast.net
>>=20
>> =20
ail.com
>>=20
>>=20

--Apple-Mail-51D6DA58-6B0B-4033-8DA8-68F67B64BBC2
        charset=utf-8

 historical races a few times, but the first time was the most memorable. &n=
bsp;It was early on a Thursday or Friday morning when the paddock was fairly=
 quiet. &nbsp;I was with a friend and saw a Berkeley with the front body wor=
k off. &nbsp;Knowing there was a motorcycle engine of some sort in there, I w=
ent over for a closer look. &nbsp;I was studying it's Norton engine and othe=
r components with great interest. &nbsp;In my excitement to share what I was=
 looking at, I made a really quick pivot to call my friend over and slammed i=
nto someone standing closely and silently looking right over my shoulder at t=
he same machine. &nbsp;In an instant I body slammed Jay Leno. &nbsp;I steppe=
d on his foot, kicked him in the shin, elbowed him in the gut and my shoulde=
r just grazed his chin. &nbsp;Before I noticed it was him I grunted and curs=
ed, then looked up and said something like, oh hello and excuse me, I beg yo=
/div><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div><meta http-equiv=3D"content-type" conten=
hs creating several paintings for an upcoming charity art show. &nbsp;Actres=
s Jane Seymour, who is also an artist, was the celebrity anchor of the show.=
 &nbsp;Just weeks before the show, my mom passed away, in her sleep, from a h=
eart attack. &nbsp;I contacted her friends involved in the show and arranged=
 for her art to still be put on display in the show. &nbsp;I did it for my m=
om and I did because I wanted to see her friends that would be attending as I=
 knew I=E2=80=99d likely never have an opportunity to see many of them again=
. &nbsp;At the show, I ran into Jane Seymour. &nbsp;Being a prop master in t=
he film business, I=E2=80=99ve been on sets and locations with a lot of movi=
e stars, but there=E2=80=99s never an opportunity to just have a conversatio=
n. &nbsp;Frankly, it=E2=80=99s frowned upon. &nbsp;Suddenly she=E2=80=99s ri=
ght there in front of me, and i was thrilled with the opportunity have a few=
 words with her. &nbsp;I introduced myself by explaining my mom was also exh=
ibiting in the show, but that she had just passed away, and I started to men=
tion my connection to the film buiz, when I realized she wasn=E2=80=99t payi=
ng attention to a word I was saying. &nbsp; She was rubber necking around me=
, looking at everyone but me. &nbsp;She totally blew me off. &nbsp;</div><di=
V commercials, I feel a little ill. &nbsp; The way she put me off when I was=
 still mourning the sudden loss of my mother just burned a hole in my psyche=
 that I can=E2=80=99t shake. &nbsp;When I think how all she had to do was be=
 polite and share a sentence or two with this young man, that had just lost h=
is mother, to bring a little sunshine back to his soul, just kills me.&nbsp;=
dea the impact they have when they=E2=80=99re rude. &nbsp; Some do get it. &=
nbsp;I remember Angie Dickinson, early in my career arriving on a set, no ha=
ndlers, no entourage, no demands, dressed rather frumpy, just walking up to c=
raft service and grabbing a morning snack, and greeting me (at that time a c=
arpenter) like any other crew member, as an equal. &nbsp;That small gesture m=
ade her one of my most favorite celebrities in terms of those that I had con=
tact with. &nbsp;She=E2=80=99s second only to Meg Ryan. &nbsp;I had picked u=
p some prop from Paramount Studios and happened to walk passed her trailer. &=
nbsp;The door was open and we caught eyes. &nbsp;And she gave me the sweetes=
t =E2=80=9Ccome hither=E2=80=9D smile I=E2=80=99d ever seen from an attracti=
ve young woman yet alone a movie star. &nbsp;That one smile, instead of a Wh=
at-the-fuck-are-you-looking at? grimace, and she could do no wrong in my eye=
"ltr">Jackie Stewart apparently is one of those that just don=E2=80=99t get i=
 30, 2020, at 8:28 AM, DAVE HOGYE via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.te=
ite"><div dir=3D"ltr">

 =20
=20
=20
olor: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   A couple years ago, at the Rolex Reunion, Jackie Stewart was walking by i=
n front of my TR3 with another person and said something like, this is a Tri=
umph TR3, very good car, my brother had one of these.&nbsp; I motioned to co=
me closer to have a look, he waved and shook his head no and walked away.&nb=
sp; He totally blew me off.&nbsp;
olor: rgb(51, 51, 51);">
   DH
   On April 30, 2020 at 5:54 AM Bill Tobin via Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot=
@autox.team.net">fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:=20
e wheelchair. Sir Jackie is in a class by himself.</p>
ar in '71.</p>
arned old Luddite!</p>
    On 4/29/2020 10:57 PM, DAVE HOGYE via Fot wrote:=20
33333;">
     Hey Gang,
33333;">
     Goodwood is one of my favorite youtube channels. They shared this vid r=
ecently. 5:00 minutes in something really strange happens.&nbsp;
33333;">
     Give it a view.&nbsp; Share your thoughts.&nbsp; &nbsp;
33333;">
     Dave H.
33333;">
outube.com/watch?v=3DIO6PdOFBN5w</a>