fot

Re: [Fot] Weber DCOE 40's on TR6

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber DCOE 40's on TR6
From: Mark J Bradakis via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 14:08:05 -0600
On 8/19/20 9:05 AM, Rick Parent via Fot wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> There is no magic setup so just tune accordingly.

As I often quip, the main advantage of Webers is they are infinitely
adjustable.  The main disadvantage of Webers is they are infinitely
adjustable.

Not sure why you want to go to the bigger chokes, but yes, you will most
likely need to rejet.  The basic rule of thumb is the mains are 4 times
the choke size.  So 30mm chokes = 120 mains. While I have messed about
with Webers on Spits, even a Datsun 620 pickup, I've never had a Triumph
six with them.  So I can't just reach back in my memory and give any
exact advice.

Good luck with getting a new configuration dialed in.

mjb.