fot

Re: [Fot] Maxpeedingrods

To: Phil Gott <vfracing@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Maxpeedingrods
From: Enquiries Road & Track via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 07:36:39 +1000
Cc: Friends Of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>

--000000000000d29a9d05af9d41dc

yes, we used quite a few sets in our engine shop for high HP jap engines,
never triumph. quality seems reasonable. the only on-going issue we found
with cheap chinese rods like this is the big end tunnel is imperfectly
honed. it was not uncommon to have to re-size them. in fact we did a few
hundred for one importer at one time. we were never able to confirm if the
bolts were really ARP, or just copies

i know of a factory in Taiwan that lists thousands of different sets ,
including various TR rods, and will brand them with whatever name/logo you
want. their wholesale price is typcially US$45/rod, bought in quantities
like 50. They will provide steel specs if asked. They have some real
oddities , like 1mm longer or shorter for various applications, so its
obvious they make for performance applications, not just replacement for
mom and dad shopping carts

Terry
Australia

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 3:58 AM Phil Gott via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> Has anyone used these? They look like Carrillo knockoffs. 4340 steel, ARP
> bolts, shotpeened. Priced right.
> Phil Gott
>
> Sent from my iPhone

--000000000000d29a9d05af9d41dc

HP jap engines, never triumph. quality=C2=A0seems reasonable. the only on-g=
oing issue we found with cheap chinese rods like this is the big end tunnel=
 is imperfectly honed. it was not uncommon to have to re-size them. in fact=
 we did a few hundred=C2=A0for one importer at one time. we were never able=
>i know of a factory in Taiwan that lists thousands=C2=A0of different sets =
, including various TR rods, and will brand them with whatever name/logo yo=
u want. their wholesale price is typcially=C2=A0US$45/rod, bought=C2=A0in q=
uantities like 50. They will provide steel specs if asked. They have some r=
eal oddities , like 1mm longer or shorter for various applications, so its =
obvious they make for performance applications, not just replacement for mo=
=3D"gmail_attr">On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 3:58 AM Phil Gott via Fot &lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div=
-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Has anyone used these? T=
hey look like Carrillo knockoffs. 4340 steel, ARP bolts, shotpeened. Priced=
 right.<br>
Phil Gott<br>
Sent from my iPhone<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http:=
//autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au</a><br>

--000000000000d29a9d05af9d41dc--