fot

[Fot] cracked block

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] cracked block
From: Brian Schirano via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 17:11:49 -0500

--000000000000b6e4e005b4b95ed5

Hey Amichi
Figured as I need to keep busy I'd start stripping a motor to prep as back
up race motor build this winter. And as I'm razer blading the block surface
so I could take decking measurements I see a crack in the water jacket
through the RR head stud hole out to the block exterior. (SOB!!! link to
pics <https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ArkTSrR3q7Zep2YA>) I've heard of blocks
being welded and have some recollection that this stud is a weak spot?
Don't know anything about the motor/block, was donated to me, it did have
antifreeze in it when I started working on it, so? Interesting how it
travels from the jacket through the stud hole and continues out to the
exterior. Does not appear to run deep, maybe an inch or so.

Anywise, looking for comments. I'll be talking to my machinist as well and
depending on comments and his thoughts will have it cleaned and thoroughly
inspected and magged.

Lastly, damper dudes or damper doc, or *?* for damper rebuilds?

Thanks Friends
Be Careful out there
Brian

--
Brian Schirano
585-305-0349

--000000000000b6e4e005b4b95ed5

t stripping a motor to prep as back up race motor build this winter. And as=
 I&#39;m razer blading the block surface so I could take decking measuremen=
ts I see a crack in the water jacket through the RR head stud hole out to t=
he block exterior. (SOB!!! <a href=3D"https://photos.app.goo.gl/4ArkTSrR3q7=
Zep2YA">link to pics</a>) I&#39;ve heard of blocks being welded and have so=
me recollection=C2=A0that this stud is a weak spot? Don&#39;t know anything=
 about the motor/block, was donated to me, it did have antifreeze in it whe=
n I started working on it, so? Interesting how it travels from the jacket t=
hrough the stud hole and continues out to the exterior. Does not appear to =
r comments. I&#39;ll be talking to my machinist as well and depending on co=
mments and his thoughts=C2=A0will have it cleaned and thoroughly inspected =
>--=C2=A0<br></div><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmai=
l=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"ltr">Brian Schirano<div>585-305-0349</div=

--000000000000b6e4e005b4b95ed5--

--===============6303471683117559494==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com