fot

Re: [Fot] SU carb smooth bore or leave rough?

To: Mike Harmuth <ofracer@gmail.com>, Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] SU carb smooth bore or leave rough?
From: DAVE HOGYE via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 08:34:25 -0800 (PST)

------=_Part_35366_915293081.1606322066179

I know that Huffaker does this.  I believe they also remove the damper oil and
or the damper completely and shave down the throttle shaft to almost nothing.
So, I don't think you'd be trashing them, but I don't know what the dyno
results are either. As far as I know, they also replace head gaskets and
engines quite regularly on their BMC builds.
Dave H.

On 11/24/2020 12:41 PM Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:

>     I was going over my race carbs (SU H4)and wondered if there's anything to
> be gained  (or lost) by smoothing out the casting (before the jet)? I'm not
> sure if it's designed (or left) that way to promote turbulence and better
> mixing as the air flows over the jet or if polishing it down would help.
>
>     I'd hate to trash a pair of good carbs before I get some answers.
>
>     thanks
>     mike h

------=_Part_35366_915293081.1606322066179

<!doctype html>
 <head>
 </head>
#333333;">
does this.&nbsp; I believe they also remove the damper oil and or the damper
completely and shave down the throttle shaft to almost nothing.&nbsp; So, I
don't think you'd be trashing them, but I don't know what the dyno results are
either. As far as I know, they also replace head gaskets and engines quite
regularly on their BMC builds.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
#333333;">
#333333;">
   &nbsp;
#333333;">
   &nbsp;
#333333;">
    I was going over my race carbs (SU H4)and wondered if there's anything to
be gained&nbsp; (or lost) by smoothing out the casting (before the jet)? I'm
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/dlhogye@comcast.net
------=_Part_35366_915293081.1606322066179--

--===============0536826811176641923==

fot@autox.team.net