fot

Re: [Fot] Bill Denting at Gratton

To: "'trhouse@columbus.rr.com'" <trhouse@columbus.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Bill Denting at Gratton
From: "T. R. Householder via Fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 19:43:22 +0000 yPk79GyEHuZUk5tG72zePJu6qWZjXiou+gTz40R3PClvql4vs7EM4HjEr8y43OCeFj518B0b1LiQ3coAWZEHmi9I5qOoA3JTPUCo7Ef9edO7QaBDV8Vv/ttR
Cc: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>

--=_c6a0e7de407c60c95b6e2fef20088190

=0Ahttps://www.mlive.com/autoracing/2010/08/veteran_bill_dentinger_looks=
_f.html=0A=0A=09-----------------------------------------From: "T. R. Ho=
useholder via=0AFot" =0ATo: "yellow04"=0ACc: "fot@autox.team.net"=0ASent=
: Tuesday January 19 2021 2:16:32PM=0ASubject: Re: [Fot] Bill Dentinger=
=0A=0A Bill did a calendar with the Beady Eye Racer on it probably after=
 Mid=0AOhio 92 . It still hangs in my office and I think about him often=
 =0A=0A=09----------------------------------------- From: "yellow04 via=
 Fot"=0A To: fot@autox.team.net=0A Cc:=0A Sent: Tuesday January 19 2021=
 12:04:08PM=0A Subject: Re: [Fot] Bill Dentinger=0A=0A Bill meant a lot=
 of things to a lot of people. One thing for sure, if=0A you had the ple=
asure to meet Bill, you certainly did not forget him.=0AI=0A have many f=
ond memories, like sitting on the grid as some event in=0Athe=0A broilin=
g heat waiting our turn to take the track and hearing Bill, at=0A the to=
p of his lungs, singing some completely inappropriate song to=0Ano=0A on=
e in particular. Or at a huge SVRA event, hundred of drivers are=0A inte=
ntly listening to Jack Woehrle or Carl Jensen trying to get=0Athrough=0A=
 a drivers meeting and Bill would just heckle the crap out of them.=0ANo=
t=0A privately, mind you, but in a voice that everybody in the county=0A=
would=0A hear. And it was hysterical.=0A=0A Bill was a racer at heart. T=
he number of events that the Beady Eye=0A Vintage Triumph Racing team ra=
n annually was impressive. Remember=0ABill=0A had Old Blue, Bob Wismer h=
ad the #4 blue TR4 (now campaigned by Paul=0A Ricco), and between them t=
hey co-owned the Thunderbolt, an extremely=0A limited production special=
 from Tornado Cars, based on the TR3. They=0A would trade off season to=
 season driving the Thunderbolt and their=0A respective TR. There was no=
 expense spared on the preparation of=0Aeither=0A his or Bob's cars. Any=
 discussion of the Beady Eye team is incomplete=0A without mentioning Do=
n Brick, the third member of the team. Don raced=0Aa=0A white TR4 with r=
ed wire wheels, and might have been the speediest of=0Athe=0A group, I b=
elieve the last year he ran was 2005.=0A=0A Bill was quite proud of the=
 fact that Old Blue, a 1956 TR3, was the=0Amost=0A period correct vintag=
e racer on track in the country. While I never=0A researched it, nobody=
 who heard the story doubted it. The amount of=0A Triumph Competition De=
partment equipment in the car was impressive. A=0A race car since new, B=
ill was only the second racer to track the car.=0A=0A At some point over=
 the course our friendship I must have mentioned to=0A Bill how much I l=
iked Old Blue, and would like to own the car when he=0Ais=0A ready to ha=
ng up the helmet for the last time. (I am confident=0Aalcohol=0A was inv=
olved in this conversation!) This turned into Bill selling the=0A car to=
 me back in 2014. My trip to Wisconsin to pick up the car and=0A spares=
 was both delightful and melancholy, you knew it was the end of=0Aan=0A=
 era. But Bill had high hopes I would keep the flame alive. My intent=0A=
was=0A to keep the car as period correct as possible, but make it safe a=
nd=0Afun.=0A I think I have struck a good compromise, some of those Comp=
etition=0A Department goodies have made way for more suitable replacemen=
ts, but=0Afor=0A the most part the car remains remarkably period correct=
.=0A=0A Every time I had a race weekend with the car I would email Bill=
 and=0Atell=0A him how things went. We exchanged mail and it was obvious=
 he was=0A genuinely excited to see Old Blue still on track, doing bette=
r and=0A better. It all came together at the Jefferson 500 at Summit Poi=
nt in=0A 2019, it was one of those weekends we all dream of. Picture per=
fect=0A weather, and you get grouped with a bunch of racers that are gre=
at=0A competition and you are running with fast guys up front. Then the=
=0Astars=0A align and you take first in both feature races. I strung tog=
ether=0Asome=0A in-car footage from three sessions that weekend and sent=
 it to Bill.=0AHe=0A and his son Dick watched it on the "Big Screen", I=
 got the impression=0Ahe=0A was as excited as I was!=0A=0A In memory of=
 Bill, I am sharing a view that he enjoyed for years,=0A looking over th=
e bonnet of Old Blue. You will be missed, my friend...=0A=0A [1]https://=
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D-bCcXLlOR-k [2]=0A />=0A Henry Frye=0A _______=

--=_c6a0e7de407c60c95b6e2fef20088190

-------------------------------------</p>From: "T. R. Householder via Fo=
t" <fot@autox.team.net><br>To: "yellow04"<br>Cc: "fot@autox.team.net"<br=
>Sent: Tuesday January 19 2021 2:16:32PM<br>Subject: Re: [Fot] Bill Dent=
inger<br><br>=0ABill did a calendar with the Beady Eye Racer on it proba=
bly after=0AMid Ohio 92 . It still hangs in my office and I think about=
>-----------------------------------------</p>=0AFrom: "yellow04 via Fot=
 meant a lot of things to a lot of people. One thing for sure,=0Aif<br>=
=0Ayou had the pleasure to meet Bill, you certainly did not forget=0Ahim=
. I<br>=0Ahave many fond memories, like sitting on the grid as some even=
t in=0Athe<br>=0Abroiling heat waiting our turn to take the track and he=
aring Bill,=0Aat<br>=0Athe top of his lungs, singing some completely ina=
ppropriate song to=0Ano<br>=0Aone in particular. Or at a huge SVRA event=
, hundred of drivers=0Aare<br>=0Aintently listening to Jack Woehrle or C=
arl Jensen trying to get=0Athrough<br>=0Aa drivers meeting and Bill woul=
d just heckle the crap out of them.=0ANot<br>=0Aprivately, mind you, but=
 in a voice that everybody in the county=0Awould<br>=0Ahear. And it was=
 hysterical.<br><br>=0ABill was a racer at heart. The number of events t=
hat the Beady=0AEye<br>=0AVintage Triumph Racing team ran annually was i=
mpressive. Remember=0ABill<br>=0Ahad Old Blue, Bob Wismer had the #4 blu=
e TR4 (now campaigned by=0APaul<br>=0ARicco), and between them they co-o=
wned the Thunderbolt, an=0Aextremely<br>=0Alimited production special fr=
om Tornado Cars, based on the TR3.=0AThey<br>=0Awould trade off season t=
o season driving the Thunderbolt and=0Atheir<br>=0Arespective TR. There=
 was no expense spared on the preparation of=0Aeither<br>=0Ahis or Bob's=
 cars. Any discussion of the Beady Eye team is=0Aincomplete<br>=0Awithou=
t mentioning Don Brick, the third member of the team. Don=0Araced a<br>=
=0Awhite TR4 with red wire wheels, and might have been the speediest=0Ao=
ll was quite proud of the fact that Old Blue, a 1956 TR3, was the=0Amost=
ever<br>=0Aresearched it, nobody who heard the story doubted it. The amo=
unt=0Aof<br>=0ATriumph Competition Department equipment in the car was i=
mpressive.=0AA<br>=0Arace car since new, Bill was only the second racer=
 to track the=0Acar.<br><br>=0AAt some point over the course our friends=
hip I must have mentioned=0Ato<br>=0ABill how much I liked Old Blue, and=
 would like to own the car when=0Ahe is<br>=0Aready to hang up the helme=
t for the last time. (I am confident=0Aalcohol<br>=0Awas involved in thi=
s conversation!) This turned into Bill selling=0Athe<br>=0Acar to me bac=
k in 2014. My trip to Wisconsin to pick up the car=0Aand<br>=0Aspares wa=
s both delightful and melancholy, you knew it was the end=0Aof an<br>=0A=
era. But Bill had high hopes I would keep the flame alive. My=0Aintent w=
as<br>=0Ato keep the car as period correct as possible, but make it safe=
 and=0Afun.<br>=0AI think I have struck a good compromise, some of those=
=0ACompetition<br>=0ADepartment goodies have made way for more suitable=
 replacements,=0Abut for<br>=0Athe most part the car remains remarkably=
 period correct.<br><br>=0AEvery time I had a race weekend with the car=
 I would email Bill and=0Atell<br>=0Ahim how things went. We exchanged m=
ail and it was obvious he=0Awas<br>=0Agenuinely excited to see Old Blue=
 still on track, doing better=0Aand<br>=0Abetter. It all came together a=
t the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point=0Ain<br>=0A2019, it was one of those=
 weekends we all dream of. Picture=0Aperfect<br>=0Aweather, and you get=
 grouped with a bunch of racers that are=0Agreat<br>=0Acompetition and y=
ou are running with fast guys up front. Then the=0Astars<br>=0Aalign and=
 you take first in both feature races. I strung together=0Asome<br>=0Ain=
-car footage from three sessions that weekend and sent it to=0ABill. He<=
br>=0Aand his son Dick watched it on the "Big Screen", I got the=0Aimpre=
m sharing a view that he enjoyed for=0Ayears,<br>=0Alooking over the bon=
net of Old Blue. You will be missed, my=0Afriend...<br><br><a href=3D"ht=
tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D-bCcXLlOR-k%3Cbr"></a><a href=3D"https:/=
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D-bCcXLlOR-k">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
"http://www.fot-racing.com";></a><a href=3D"http://www.fot-racing.com";>ht=
.net/donate.html%3Cbr"></a><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html";>h=
ttp://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>=0A/&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http:=
//autox.team.net/archive"></a><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive";>=
http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/fot%3Cbr"></a><a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";>http://ww=
w.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>=0A/&gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/trhouse@columbus.rr.com%3Cbr";>=
=0A</a><a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/trhouse@colu=
mbus.rr.com">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/trhouse@columbus.=

--=_c6a0e7de407c60c95b6e2fef20088190--