fot

Re: [Fot] Float needle valves

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Float needle valves
From: Tony Drews via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:16:39 -0500

--------------FEC18CA281B3DA3E47C95821

With the SU's with the 3 screw tops we ended up with one pivoting at the
front and another at the back.  Any other orientation resulted in
weirdness after hard braking, right when you want to stomp the gas.

Another vote against grose jets, they couldn't handle hardly any fuel
pressure and the stock needle valves did great under up to 7 psi (more
than we wanted, but fighting the doggone regulators).

- Tony Drews

On 3/17/2021 1:22 PM, Phil Gott via Fot wrote:
> Yup.
> Had that problem. Floats must â??faceâ?? fore and aft, meaning the pivot
> points across the car. WIth pivots at an angle to the car we first
> tried to overcome the apparent starvation in turns by increasing the
> fuel pressure, which just made things worse. Fuel pressure at 2 1/2
> psi and fore/aft floats works well.
> Thanks.,
> Phil
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Mar 17, 2021, at 12:41 PM, rek46 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>

>> NO GROSSS JETS...lousy and not for competition....Use GOOD/New old
>> style floats....you need positive open and close.....heres a
>> tip..check your float direction for best perf....meaning , are you
>> having brake to accel. probs on heavy brake corners?  You prob have
>> each float facing toward center...not best....Solved by making both
>> floats face same direction(frt. or back)....rick
>> In a message dated 3/17/2021 12:04:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>> fot@autox.team.net writes:
>>
>>     Thanks, Erik and Joe;
>>     Good to know.
>>     Iâ??ve had Gross Jets hang open with some royal flooding. Wonâ??t use
>>     those again!
>>     Phil
>>
>>     Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>         On Mar 17, 2021, at 11:19 AM, Erik Jacobsen
>>         <kekjacobsen@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>         Phil,
>>         I use the plain old solid needles in both street and race
>>         cars and haven't had any issues. They do wear out eventually,
>>         but after 7 years in the race car, I still haven't had a problem.
>>         Jake
>>         On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:13:30 AM CDT, Joe Boruch via
>>         Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>         Phil, years ago I stopped using Gross Jets, which have the
>>         spring loaded ball on the end of the float needle.  I
>>         suspected some flow issues and others had said that they had
>>         issues. JoeB
>>         On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 08:16:11 AM EDT, Phil Gott via
>>         Fot <fot@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>         Anyone have experience with needle valves that do not have
>>         the spring loaded contact where the needle valve rests on the
>>         float? Is a solid one better, worse, or require different set up?
> [...]

  <head>
  </head>
      at the front and another at the back.  Any other orientation
      resulted in weirdness after hard braking, right when you want to
      stomp the gas.</p>
      fuel pressure and the stock needle valves did great under up to 7
      psi (more than we wanted, but fighting the doggone regulators).<br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:D47F808E-655F-4409-B358-1655D5D6A10A@aol.com">
      Yup.
        the pivot points across the car. WIth pivots at an angle to the
        car we first tried to overcome the apparent starvation in turns
        by increasing the fuel pressure, which just made things worse.
        Fuel pressure at 2 1/2 psi and fore/aft floats works well.</div>
            via Fot <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
                helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">
                    sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">NO
                    GROSSS JETS...lousy and not for competition....Use
                    GOOD/New old style floats....you need positive open
                    and close.....heres a tip..check your float
                    direction for best perf....meaning , are you having
                    brake to accel. probs on heavy brake corners?  You
                    prob have each float facing toward center...not
                    best....Solved by making both floats face same
                    direction(frt. or back)....rick</span></div>
                    sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color:
#000000;"> </span></div>
              In a message dated 3/17/2021 12:04:02 PM Eastern Standard
              Time, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a> writes:
                  border-left: blue 2px solid;">
                        flooding. Wonâ??t use those again!</div>
                            class="yiv2725881159yqt2284079124"><br
                              clear="none">
                              Erik Jacobsen
                              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:kekjacobsen@yahoo.com";>&lt;kekjacobsen@yahoo.com&gt;</a> wrote:<br
                                clear="none">
                          class="yiv2725881159yqt2284079124">
                                class="yiv2725881159ydp4ae4f1e8yahoo-style-wrap"
                                style="font-family: Helvetica Neue,
                                Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:
                                16px;">
                                  needles in both street and race cars
                                  and haven't had any issues. They do
                                  wear out eventually, but after 7 years
                                  in the race car, I still haven't had a
                                  problem.</div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yahoo_quoted_6173758513"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yahoo_quoted">
                                  Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
                                  font-size: 13px; color: #26282a;">
                                    10:13:30 AM CDT, Joe Boruch via Fot
                                    <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a> wrote:</div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718">

class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718ydp5f230a2cyahoo-style-wrap"
                                          style="font-family: Helvetica
                                          Neue, Helvetica, Arial,
                                          sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
                                            I stopped using Gross Jets,
                                            which have the spring loaded
                                            ball on the end of the float
                                            needle.  I suspected some
                                            flow issues and others had
                                            said that they had issues.
                                            JoeB</div>
id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718ydp9e921600yahoo_quoted_6750685035"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718ydp9e921600yahoo_quoted">
                                            'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica,
                                            Arial, sans-serif;
                                            font-size: 13px; color:
                                            #26282a;">

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd37320"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923">
                                                17, 2021, 08:16:11 AM
                                                EDT, Phil Gott via Fot
                                                <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>&lt;fot@autox.team.net&gt;</a>
                                                wrote:</div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd88992"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923">
                                                  have experience with
                                                  needle valves that do
                                                  not have the spring
                                                  loaded contact where
                                                  the needle valve rests
                                                  on the float? Is a
                                                  solid one better,
                                                  worse, or require
                                                  different set up?</div>
                                                  my iPhone</div>
dir="ltr">_______________________________________________</div>

href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                                                    target="_blank"
                                                    rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a></div>

href="http://www.fot-racing.com";
                                                    target="_blank"
                                                    rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a></div>
href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"; target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></div>
                                                  <a

href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                                                    target="_blank"
                                                    rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive
                                                  </a><a

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                                                    target="_blank"
                                                    rel="nofollow
                                                    noopener noreferrer"
                                                    shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a></div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd52823"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923">Unsubscribe/Manage:</div>
                                                <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jaboruch@yahoo.com";
                                                  target="_blank"
                                                  rel="nofollow noopener
                                                  noreferrer"
                                                  shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jaboruch@yahoo.com</a>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd10073"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923"> </div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd08733"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923">

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd40864"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923"> </div>

id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqtfd68124"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yiv7553267718yqt4018499923"> </div>
                                      id="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yqtfd54303"
class="yiv2725881159ydpfdb94f34yqt4018499923">_______________________________________________<br
                                        clear="none">
                                      <a
                                        href="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a><br
                                        clear="none">
                                      <a
                                        href="http://www.fot-racing.com";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                                        clear="none">
                                      Donate: <a
                                        href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                                        clear="none">
                                      Archive: <a
                                        href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive
                                      </a><a
                                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br
                                        clear="none">
                                      Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/kekjacobsen@yahoo.com";
                                        target="_blank" rel="nofollow
                                        noopener noreferrer"
                                        shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/kekjacobsen@yahoo.com</a><br
                                        clear="none">
class="yqt2284079124">_______________________________________________<br
                      clear="none">
                      moz-do-not-send="true">fot@autox.team.net</a><br
                      clear="none">
                      rel="noopener" shape="rect"
moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br
                      clear="none">
                    Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";
                      target="_blank" rel="noopener" shape="rect"

                    Archive: <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive";
                      target="_blank" rel="noopener" shape="rect"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive
                    </a><a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot";
                      target="_blank" rel="noopener" shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br
                      clear="none">
                    Unsubscribe/Manage: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rek46@aol.com";
                      target="_blank" rel="noopener" shape="rect"

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/rek46@aol.com</a><br
                      clear="none">
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>
              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"