fot

[Fot] Kastner Cup Race Information - Are You Attending?

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Kastner Cup Race Information - Are You Attending?
From: Curt Johnston via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 10:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

------=_Part_20655_456145153.1620928657369

Hello FOT,=20

The Kastner Cup Race Committee is working hard to organize a great tribute =
event for Kas this year in Portland.  Our Race Committee includes Joe Alexa=
nder (as Grand Marshall), Curt Johnston (Chair) Steve Belfer, Brad Ells, Sh=
awn Frank, Sean Alexander, John Linney and Cregg Cowan.  The race weekend i=
s July 22 nd to the 25 th.

We need to get a picture of the number of cars to expect, so we=E2=80=99re =
asking everyone to please fill out this simple ( one minute) survey.  Click=
 here to go to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W86VFJ9

WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND!
1. Triumphs get half price fees, and we have our own Kastner Cup run group =
all weekend with two feature races.  Portland is a fun, fast track enjoyed =
by SCCA, SVRA and Indy Car.=20
2. SVRA picks the third week in July for this race because it has the least=
 chance of rain all year.  Also, this one of just two races in Portland wit=
h a 112 decibel (dB) sound limit, the other being Indy Car.  So we will hav=
e a dry weekend with no concerns about getting a black flag for being too l=
oud.=20
3. Competitors will be treated to a special car dash plaque in honor of Kas=
.  We=E2=80=99ll also provide a driver's suit patch, 2021 Kastner Cup tee s=
hirt, and upgraded Peggy Kastner Performance Awards specific to each race c=
lass.  Moss Motors is also providing a classic Kastner Cup competitor stick=
er for the outside of the car.
4. Our social events will be expanded as well.  We=E2=80=99re planning a Ce=
lebration of Life for Kas on Thursday night with a special video tribute ti=
tled "Kas; In HIs Own Words."  On Friday evening, the British Sports Car Ha=
ll of Fame will host a reception. The Kastner Cup awards will be presented =
on Saturday after the race.  We have second feature race on Sunday.  So it=
=E2=80=99s going to be a great weekend, and one that competitors will remem=
ber for a long time.
5. The fees are $275 to SVRA upon registration, and just $50 to the Kastner=
 Cup Race (FOT) Committee. Sponsorships this year have allowed us to provid=
e a better experience for competitors and cut the FOT fee by half (it was $=
100 last year).  Special thanks to Moss Motors (Presenting Sponsor), VTR, H=
uffaker Motorsports and the Triumph Wedge Owners Association (TWOA).  To re=
gister, go the SVRA site at this link: https://svra.com/events/2021-portlan=
d-speedtour/
For more information about the race, visit our webpage at:=20
https://www.kastnercup2021.com/

Lastly, we=E2=80=99re sending out a Kastner Cup Newsletter.  Please save my=
 personal email address to your contacts so the Constant Contact email does=
n=E2=80=99t get lost in your spam file:=20

Curt Johnston, curt.johnston@comcast.net mailto:curt.johnston@comcast.net ,=
 707-249-1667.=20

Thanks!
------=_Part_20655_456145153.1620928657369

<!doctype html>
 <head>=20
 </head>
tica,arial,sans-serif; color: #333333;">=20
    Hello FOT,&nbsp;
    &nbsp;
     The Kastner Cup Race Committee is working hard to organize a great tri=
bute event for Kas this year in Portland.&nbsp; Our Race Committee includes=
 Joe Alexander (as Grand Marshall), Curt Johnston (Chair) Steve Belfer, Bra=
d Ells, Shawn Frank, Sean Alexander, John Linney and Cregg Cowan.&nbsp; The=
 race weekend is July 22
     <sup style=3D"line-height: 0;">nd</sup> to the 25
     <sup style=3D"line-height: 0;">th</sup>.
     &nbsp;
     We need to get a picture of the number of cars to expect, so we=E2=80=
=99re asking everyone to please fill out this simple (
     <u>one minute</u>) survey.&nbsp; Click here to go to the survey:=20
onkey.com/r/W86VFJ9</a>
     &nbsp;
     WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND!
    <ol>=20
     <li>Triumphs get half price fees, and we have our own Kastner Cup run =
group all weekend with two feature races.&nbsp; Portland is a fun, fast tra=
ck enjoyed by SCCA, SVRA and Indy Car.&nbsp;</li>=20
     <li>SVRA picks the third week in July for this race because it has the=
 least chance of rain all year. &nbsp;Also, this one of just two races in P=
ortland with a 112 decibel (dB) sound limit, the other being Indy Car.&nbsp=
; So we will have a dry weekend with no concerns about getting a black flag=
 for being too loud.&nbsp;</li>=20
     <li>Competitors will be treated to a special car dash plaque in honor =
of Kas.&nbsp; We=E2=80=99ll also provide a driver's suit patch, 2021 Kastne=
r Cup tee shirt, and upgraded Peggy Kastner Performance Awards specific to =
each race class.&nbsp; Moss Motors is also providing a classic Kastner Cup =
competitor sticker for the outside of the car.</li>=20
     <li>Our social events will be expanded as well.&nbsp; We=E2=80=99re pl=
anning a Celebration of Life for Kas on Thursday night with a special video=
 tribute titled "Kas; In HIs Own Words."&nbsp; On Friday evening, the Briti=
sh Sports Car Hall of Fame will host a reception. The Kastner Cup awards wi=
ll be presented on Saturday after the race.&nbsp; We have second feature ra=
ce on Sunday.&nbsp; So it=E2=80=99s going to be a great weekend, and one th=
at competitors will remember for a long time.</li>=20
     <li>The fees are $275 to SVRA upon registration, and just $50 to the K=
astner Cup Race (FOT) Committee. Sponsorships this year have allowed us to =
provide a better experience for competitors and cut the FOT fee by half (it=
 was $100 last year).&nbsp; Special thanks to Moss Motors (Presenting Spons=
or), VTR, Huffaker Motorsports and the Triumph Wedge Owners Association (TW=
OA).&nbsp; To register, go the SVRA site at this link: <a href=3D"https://s=
vra.com/events/2021-portland-speedtour/">https://svra.com/events/2021-portl=
and-speedtour/</a></li>=20
    </ol>=20
     For more information about the race, visit our webpage at:&nbsp;
1.com/</a>
      &nbsp;
p; Please save my personal email address to your contacts so the Constant C=
ontact email doesn=E2=80=99t get lost in your spam file:&nbsp;
     &nbsp;
     Curt Johnston,=20
</a>, 707-249-1667.&nbsp;
     &nbsp;