fot

[Fot] Billet crank and 1500 spitfire engine

To: FoTTriumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Billet crank and 1500 spitfire engine
From: Mike Harmuth via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:17:14 -0500

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1

Hi FOTers, I'm toying with the idea of building a 1500 race engine for the
spit. I have the Moldex billet crank in my 1296 race engines and like the
smoothness created by the "ghost main" style. I know 1500's have a problem
revving (and staying together) so I was wondering if anyone has
successfully built a 1500 racing engine with one.

I'm looking because a couple of groups run vintage races in the northeast
on very hilly tracks and I'd like more torque. The way they classify cars,
a 1300 and a 1500 both compete in the same class. If I can get more stroke
and not give up too much top end (like a different diff ratio "provides")
I'd be willing to give it a try.

Has anyone found a solution to keeping a 1500 together to 7K (more than
once)?

thanks
mike h

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1

 race engine for the spit. I have the Moldex billet crank in my 1296 race e=
ngines and like the smoothness created by the &quot;ghost main&quot; style.=
 I know 1500&#39;s have a problem revving (and staying together) so I was w=
ondering if anyone has successfully built a 1500 racing engine with one.<di=
es in the northeast on very hilly tracks and I&#39;d like more torque. The =
way they classify cars, a 1300 and a 1500 both compete in the same class. I=
f I can get more stroke and not give up too much top end (like a different =
diff ratio &quot;provides&quot;) I&#39;d be willing to give it a try.</div>=
iv></div>

--00000000000057828705d0fd8ac1--

--===============0869959463409456465==

fot@autox.team.net