fot

[Fot] Help With Wiper Motor Parts

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Help With Wiper Motor Parts
From: Jack Wheeler via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 17:33:20 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905

Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today discovered that a couple of ver=
y small parts that I had left sitting on my work bench have apparently disa=
ppeared.=C2=A0 They probably got scooped up with some papers and got tossed=
 in the trash.=C2=A0 The wiper motor on my 1967 Morgan is the same as the o=
ne used on most all TR's up to 1967.=C2=A0 If anyone has some old wiper mot=
ors apart and would be willing to sell the parts, let me know.=C2=A0 Or if =
anyone knows of a business that works on these=C2=A0 old wiper motors and m=
ay stock new parts, please let me know as well.
The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, which sits atop the rod=
 connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and rotates around with the=
 gear, completing the electrical circuit.=C2=A0 I believe this is used to e=
stablish the park position for the wipers.=C2=A0 When you remove the top co=
ver and round cap, this is the little piece sticking up on top of the gear.=
=C2=A0 It makes contact with the inside of the round cap when all is assemb=
led.=C2=A0 I also need the little clip that holds the above part in place a=
top the gear.
The factory parts book does not show these parts.=C2=A0 It does show the ro=
d (part number 503601) which the clip holds in place.=C2=A0 Thanks for any =
help you can give me on this.
Jack

------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905

ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Cleaning and painting on my Morgan, I today =
discovered that a couple of very small parts that I had left sitting on my =
work bench have apparently disappeared.&nbsp; They probably got scooped up =
with some papers and got tossed in the trash.&nbsp; The wiper motor on my 1=
967 Morgan is the same as the one used on most all TR's up to 1967.&nbsp; I=
f anyone has some old wiper motors apart and would be willing to sell the p=
arts, let me know.&nbsp; Or if anyone knows of a business that works on the=
se&nbsp; old wiper motors and may stock new parts, please let me know as we=
data-setdir=3D"false">The pieces I am looking for are the little contact, w=
hich sits atop the rod connecting the gear to the crosshead and rack, and r=
otates around with the gear, completing the electrical circuit.&nbsp; I bel=
ieve this is used to establish the park position for the wipers.&nbsp; When=
 you remove the top cover and round cap, this is the little piece sticking =
up on top of the gear.&nbsp; It makes contact with the inside of the round =
cap when all is assembled.&nbsp; I also need the little clip that holds the=
 above part in place atop the gear.</div><div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"fa=
k does not show these parts.&nbsp; It does show the rod (part number 503601=
) which the clip holds in place.&nbsp; Thanks for any help you can give me =
------=_Part_6711353_1496299492.1638898400905--

--===============2391685148532378799==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com