fot

Re: [Fot] RIP - Don Brick

To: yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] RIP - Don Brick
From: Mike Jackson via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 14:41:41 +0000
Sad news but we're all getting older and that crew had a head start.  Surely
they will live on in legend with the endless stories repeated over and over.
It's not clear that vintage racing will ever again have characters like that.

It was always such a thrill to be with the Beady Eye guys each year at
Mid-Ohio.  Nearly 20 straight years under the big oak tree in the grass
paddock.
Truth be told, Don was a much better driver than Bob and Bill.  But, with
those wire wheels and skinny tires he was only going to corner  so fast and
hence not lead often.

Don worked for a cheese factory and always brought some of the stuff they
produced for cheese contests.  Who ever knew there was such a thing?

I tried to  talk Don out of retiring from racing in his last year of
competition.  Wiz and Bill wanted him to continue as well but he wasnt gonna
change his mind.

It is great to  know that his car will continue to be used and run!  So many
others just disappear.  One of my best friends to this day, John Harkness,
lived quite close to Mid-O ran a baby  blue TR3 to great success.  He
eventually sold his and we saw it entered in a race or two and then never
again.  So sad, that thing flew and we had many great races.  This is my 35th
year with my TR3.  We can only hope that when its my time to retire that
someone will get it and love it as does Henry with Dentinger's car.

Say - does everyone know where the Beady Eye name comes  from?  Bill owned a
stone masonry contracting company  and did work on many iconic buildings in
the Milwaukee area.  The name of the company was BDI - Bill Dentinger Inc

Mike