fot

Re: [Fot] Jeff 500

To: "John H. Hasty" <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Jeff 500
From: yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2022 22:41:42 -0400
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
It was another great weekend at the track, and yes, I was motivated by a
very well driven 914. But John is burying the lead here, driving a full
enduro is tough. And when our resident octogenarian does it, that is
beyond amazing! You are my hero, John!

Our big bore group had a fantastic showing, pitting our TR4's, GT6's,
TR250 and TR6 against some stiff competition from Germany, Italy, Japan
and Britain. And some not so stiff competition in the form of a dozen or
so Miatas! The weather played a part on Friday with us qualifying in the
wet, somehow I qualified 4th. The first race put a pair of Miatas on the
front row, as soon as the track dried a bit during the second half of
the race they were dispatched with and it was the 250 and rainmiester
Wheatley sitting on the front row for Saturday morning race. In the
afternoon feature race, the leaders set a blistering pace by lapping all
but 7 cars, and four of the cars on the lead lap were Triumphs! The
TR250 prevailed in an entertaining battle with a the aforementioned 914,
Mike Moore took third, Scott Janzen fourth, and Mark Wheatley sixth.
Jason Sukey had a really strong run, as did Mike Kurtz who is doing a
great job finding the feel for his TR6.

One particularly interesting moment occurred late in the race when I
experienced a traffic jam in the carousel. We were coming up through
lapped traffic as we approached the carousel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBj-HbnjsF0

Spoiler alert, it has a happy ending. Triumph torque rules...

If it holds together through Mosport hopefully I will have something
left for the Kastner Cup in July!!!