fot

Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup.

To: yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Kastner Cup.
From: Michael Deweerd via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 13:01:39 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--000000000000cdccf8060166cd18

Henry,
I'm all for running Mosport again as a Cup Race. We traditionally have a
grid of MG vs Triumph plus we will get our own race grid. and we have the
typical run groups so lots of track time on a fast track.
It would be REALLY COOL to return to Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
(MOSPORT) on a 25th anniversary year. (that would be in 2028)
I believe Mosport was the "Official" 1st Kastner Cup race so returning
there in 2028 would be super cool as an Anniversary Race, (Lots of PR for
that)

Personally I like the smaller tracks that are better suited to our cars so
Club events are favoured at the "smaller" racetracks, Don't get me wrong,
Road America was fantastic! A top notch facility and very nice to run on
track.
but it wasn't the best value vs track time, value vs experience YES!  (I
had a fantastic time there with no regrets at all).

Is the VRG event at the Glen in September too late in the year? (big track
I know).

We will travel within reason to the Cup regardless, in the middle America
region and to the east coast regions. It is the pinnacle of my year to race
at the Kastner Cup.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 12:06=E2=80=AFPM yellow04 via Fot <fot@autox.team.n=
et>
wrote:

> This seems like a good time to get a feel for the kind of event we
> racers want to run our future Kastner Cups with. The two main options
> are the smaller club events, or the big festival events.
>
> Having competed at several Kastner Cup events, I can say there are many
> aspects of the weekend that are the same regardless of the type of
> event. We get to meet and mingle with new racers and old friends, check
> out cars we don't typically run with, and get some insight on how our
> cars run against other Triumphs. All the great stuff that makes up the
> fun. However, the differences I see between the two types of events are
> as follows:
>
> Festival Events
>
> Typically higher entrance fees.
> Less track time because the sanctioning body loads the schedule with a
> wide variety of race groups. With more cars, the higher the possibility
> of incidents, shortening sessions.
> Organizers have less negotiating power as there is little flexibility
> with the packed schedule.
> Possibly more exposure to the Marque and vintage racing in general from
> a wide variety of media.
>
> ~
>
> Club Events
>
> Typically lower entrance fees.
> More track time, more flexibility in negotiating perks like our own run
> group, a second All Triumph (Reunion) Race, etc. Club events don't
> usually have run groups of 5 year old former NASCAR racers being piloted
> by guys with big checkbooks and limited experience.
> Limited media exposure compared to a major festival event, but good
> exposure from the normal sources.
>
> ~
>
> I'll start. I'm all about driving the car. To me, track time is the
> biggest draw for an event. I also look at the value, the anticipated
> track miles raced vs the entry fees. Racing in front of 10,000 people is
> all fine and good, but not a draw for me at all. Many of my racer
> friends share this general opinion with me, but we can't ignore the
> success of the 2023 event where we had strong numbers in general, and
> very strong numbers for racers with very long tows.
>
> Can we get an idea of what type of events active racers would prefer
> future Kastner Cup events to be held? Festival events or Club events?
>
> While we are at it, is there any track somebody has a hankering to run
> at? That would be helpful information as well!
>
> Cheers
>
> Henry Frye
>

> On 2023-07-26 09:21, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot wrote:
> > I suppose it wouldn=E2=80=99t have to be. However the Mitty is attended=
 very
> > well. The track has had many improvements since the KCup was last ran
> > at Road Atlanta.
> >
> > Ronnie
> >
> >> On Jul 25, 2023, at 11:21 PM, chasgee22@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> =EF=BB=BFWould it have to be at the Mitty?
> >>
> >> Chuck

 Atlanta

--=20
*Mike Deweerd*

--000000000000cdccf8060166cd18

a Cup Race. We traditionally have a grid of MG vs Triumph plus we will get =
our own race grid. and we have the typical run groups so lots of track time=
 on a fast track.</div><div>It would be REALLY COOL to return to Canadian T=
ire Motorsports Park (MOSPORT) on a 25th anniversary year. (that would be i=
n 2028)=C2=A0</div><div>I believe Mosport was the &quot;Official&quot; 1st =
Kastner Cup race so returning there in 2028 would be super cool as an Anniv=
 I like the smaller tracks that are better suited to our cars so Club event=
s are favoured at the &quot;smaller&quot; racetracks, Don&#39;t get me wron=
g, Road America was fantastic! A top notch facility and very nice to run on=
 track.</div><div>but it wasn&#39;t the best value vs track time, value vs =
experience YES!=C2=A0 (I had a fantastic time there with no regrets at all)=
 within reason to the Cup regardless,=C2=A0in the middle America region and=
 to the east coast regions. It is the pinnacle=C2=A0of my year to race at t=
class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 12:06=E2=80=AFPM yellow04 via =
Fot &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wr=
ote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px=
 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">This seems =
like a good time to get a feel for the kind of event we <br>
racers want to run our future Kastner Cups with. The two main options <br>
are the smaller club events, or the big festival events.<br>
Having competed at several Kastner Cup events, I can say there are many <br=

aspects of the weekend that are the same regardless of the type of <br>
event. We get to meet and mingle with new racers and old friends, check <br=

out cars we don&#39;t typically run with, and get some insight on how our <=
br>
cars run against other Triumphs. All the great stuff that makes up the <br>
fun. However, the differences I see between the two types of events are <br=

as follows:<br>
Festival Events<br>
Typically higher entrance fees.<br>
Less track time because the sanctioning body loads the schedule with a <br>
wide variety of race groups. With more cars, the higher the possibility <br=

of incidents, shortening sessions.<br>
Organizers have less negotiating power as there is little flexibility <br>
with the packed schedule.<br>
Possibly more exposure to the Marque and vintage racing in general from <br=

a wide variety of media.<br>
~<br>
Club Events<br>
Typically lower entrance fees.<br>
More track time, more flexibility in negotiating perks like our own run <br=

group, a second All Triumph (Reunion) Race, etc. Club events don&#39;t <br>
usually have run groups of 5 year old former NASCAR racers being piloted <b=
r>
by guys with big checkbooks and limited experience.<br>
Limited media exposure compared to a major festival event, but good <br>
exposure from the normal sources.<br>
~<br>
I&#39;ll start. I&#39;m all about driving the car. To me, track time is the=
biggest draw for an event. I also look at the value, the anticipated <br>
track miles raced vs the entry fees. Racing in front of 10,000 people is <b=
r>
all fine and good, but not a draw for me at all. Many of my racer <br>
friends share this general opinion with me, but we can&#39;t ignore the <br=

success of the 2023 event where we had strong numbers in general, and <br>
very strong numbers for racers with very long tows.<br>
Can we get an idea of what type of events active racers would prefer <br>
future Kastner Cup events to be held? Festival events or Club events?<br>
While we are at it, is there any track somebody has a hankering to run <br>
at? That would be helpful information as well!<br>
Cheers<br>
Henry Frye<br>
On 2023-07-26 09:21, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot wrote:<br>
&gt; I suppose it wouldn=E2=80=99t have to be. However the Mitty is attende=
d very<br>
&gt; well. The track has had many improvements since the KCup was last ran<=
br>
&gt; at Road Atlanta.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Ronnie<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; On Jul 25, 2023, at 11:21 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:chasgee22@gmail.co=
m" target=3D"_blank">chasgee22@gmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; =EF=BB=BFWould it have to be at the Mitty?<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Chuck<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; On Jul 25, 2023, at 9:26 PM, Ronnie Babbitt via Fot <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank">fo=
t@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; =EF=BB=BFIs there any consideration to bringing the KCUP back =
to Road Atlanta <br>
&gt;&gt;&gt; During the Mitty.<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/michaelndeweerd@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://au=
tox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/michaelndeweerd@gmail.com</a><br>
iv dir=3D"ltr"><i><font face=3D"comic sans ms, sans-serif">Mike Deweerd</fo=

--000000000000cdccf8060166cd18--

--===============5711191509590040520==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com