fot

Re: [Fot] VIR Wild Hare 2024

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VIR Wild Hare 2024
From: Henry Frye via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:52:14 -0400
Another fantastic Wild Hare, we had what could only be described as
perfect weather. Cool mornings warming up to quite comfortable in the
afternoon, and zero rain at the track from Friday through Sunday! The
Triumph turnout was quite impressive, and having old friends show up to
say hi is always a treat.

I was looking forward to running with Bob but unfortunately that was not
to be. Bob did a great job beating up on the competition at the pointy
end of the field for me, so by the second feature race on Saturday
afternoon I was gridded third behind Denny Wilson in his Lotus 7 and a
very fast Elva Mark VI, and a fast Elva Courier and a Ginetta G4 behind
me. As the top five cars were sitting on the grid, I had a Rodney
Dangerfield moment. The four cars I could see were all being managed by
race teams, with the flurry of activity of a bunch of guys fussing with
the car and driver, and then there is me, all by myself, sitting in my
lowly Triumph with nobody to even hold an umbrella. I got no respect...

Both Saturday feature races I finished second overall, and on Sunday's
race I was third overall, only .05 seconds out of second place to of all
things, a Lotus 23R who started from the back.

So, yeah, it was good weekend.

And thanks to everyone with VDCA for another great event!

Henry