fot

Re: [Fot] VIR Wild Hare 2024

To: yellow04@tr4racer.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] VIR Wild Hare 2024
From: Dean Tetterton via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 12:29:39 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

--0000000000008bb4e506159850a1

Damn Henry, If I had known I would have put on my Texaco hat and gone up
and polished your visor.

Dean

On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 11:02=E2=80=AFAM Henry Frye via Fot <fot@autox.team.=
net>
wrote:

> Another fantastic Wild Hare, we had what could only be described as
> perfect weather. Cool mornings warming up to quite comfortable in the
> afternoon, and zero rain at the track from Friday through Sunday! The
> Triumph turnout was quite impressive, and having old friends show up to
> say hi is always a treat.
>
> I was looking forward to running with Bob but unfortunately that was not
> to be. Bob did a great job beating up on the competition at the pointy
> end of the field for me, so by the second feature race on Saturday
> afternoon I was gridded third behind Denny Wilson in his Lotus 7 and a
> very fast Elva Mark VI, and a fast Elva Courier and a Ginetta G4 behind
> me. As the top five cars were sitting on the grid, I had a Rodney
> Dangerfield moment. The four cars I could see were all being managed by
> race teams, with the flurry of activity of a bunch of guys fussing with
> the car and driver, and then there is me, all by myself, sitting in my
> lowly Triumph with nobody to even hold an umbrella. I got no respect...
>
> Both Saturday feature races I finished second overall, and on Sunday's
> race I was third overall, only .05 seconds out of second place to of all
> things, a Lotus 23R who started from the back.
>
> So, yeah, it was good weekend.
>
> And thanks to everyone with VDCA for another great event!
>
> Henry

=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Apr 8, 2024 at 11:02=E2=80=AFAM Henry Frye via Fot =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:=
ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Another fantast=
ic Wild Hare, we had what could only be described as <br>
perfect weather. Cool mornings warming up to quite comfortable in the <br>
afternoon, and zero rain at the track from Friday through Sunday! The <br>
Triumph turnout was quite impressive, and having old friends show up to <br=

say hi is always a treat.<br>
I was looking forward to running with Bob but unfortunately that was not <b=
r>
to be. Bob did a great job beating up on the competition at the pointy <br>
end of the field for me, so by the second feature race on Saturday <br>
afternoon I was gridded third behind Denny Wilson in his Lotus 7 and a <br>
very fast Elva Mark VI, and a fast Elva Courier and a Ginetta G4 behind <br=

me. As the top five cars were sitting on the grid, I had a Rodney <br>
Dangerfield moment. The four cars I could see were all being managed by <br=

race teams, with the flurry of activity of a bunch of guys fussing with <br=

the car and driver, and then there is me, all by myself, sitting in my <br>
lowly Triumph with nobody to even hold an umbrella. I got no respect...<br>
Both Saturday feature races I finished second overall, and on Sunday&#39;s =
race I was third overall, only .05 seconds out of second place to of all <b=
r>
things, a Lotus 23R who started from the back.<br>
So, yeah, it was good weekend.<br>
And thanks to everyone with VDCA for another great event!<br>
Henry<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
=C2=A0From: Robert Lang<br>
Subject: [Fot] VIR Wild Hare 2024<br>
Hi,<br>
I had a super fun weekend at VIR for the Wild Hare. I developed a <br>
coolant leak that we couldn&#39;t track down at the track. I&#39;d go about=
 5 <br>
laps at full chat and then the cooling system would push enough coolant <br=

to get an air bubble and then I&#39;d see the temp gauge indicating a <br>
problem and would pull in. Even so, I had a great time. The track is <br>
awesome and we got to hang around with FOT friends old and new. But it <br>
was really kool hanging around with the usual suspects as well as Dean <br>
Tetterton, John Harkness and some new faces like Mark Cook. It&#39;ll be fu=
n <br>
to see some more TR6&#39;s on track in the coming years.<br>
I manged to get down to a 2:20.8xx which was my target time. Henry Frye <br=

got into the 2:18&#39;s during the morning race on SAT. Speaking of which, =
had I not seen my temp problems, I probably would have had a a podium <br>
finish with the Group 3 race. I was in 2nd overall for the first 4 laps, <b=
r>
I think. Too bad that video didn&#39;t come out. That said, even running a =
distant second, I was still racing on the same track as Denny Wilson.<br>
At any rate, I posted a video from the Friday afternoon practice / <br>
qualifier:<br>
VIR Hot Laps<br>
&lt;<a href=3D"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4mD2IbU0mcE"; rel=3D"norefe=
rrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4mD2IbU0mcE</a>&g=
t;<br>
Check it out.<br>
C ya,<br>
Bob Lang<br>
/a><br>
http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" targe=
t=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">ht=
tp://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>
t/tr3a58dean@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/fot/tr3a58dean@gmail.com</a><br>

--0000000000008bb4e506159850a1--