Re: Speed and Vehicle data

To: "Wally Strzelec" <Wally@Tamu.edu>, <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speed and Vehicle data
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:49:20 -0400
At 07:21 PM 10/3/1999 -0500, Wally Strzelec wrote:
>I am a real geez novice and started looking at my first recordings today.
>
>I notice that there is a data base that you can put in car specifications.
>Is this data used any where?  I do not see any place to correlate a run with
>car specifications, or have I missed something?
>
>Could this be why I am finishing the course at 130mph?

Probably :-)

The specs, especially gearing and weight and tire size, are needed for a
bunch of the gages because the software does a bunch of calculations which
need the info in the equations. Byron can answer the question on the 130
mph but if you read the help pages on adjusting maps they should be a
really good start.

What you might do is save the original data someplace where you can
retrieve it (like a zip drive)and then do another save where you rename the
run. Then, and only then, start adjusting. You will get the adjustments
screwed up, at least the first times you have maps that need major
adjustment. I should helps to be able to retrieve the original data from
either of the two places you have it and start over!

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford