Re: more g's, but slower times

To: Ghsharp@aol.com
Subject: Re: more g's, but slower times
From: "Dr. Bob Woods" <woods@mae.uta.edu>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 21:20:16 -0500
Mr. Sharp

I don't know if it will directly compare due to the weight difference of
our cars, but, you can notice (and measure) a difference when about 50% of
the wear indicators are gone.  I don't use the tires when 75% of the wear
indicators are gone.  With two drivers and a little bit of practice time, I
should use two or three sets of tires a year.  Stated another way, 5 events
with two drivers just about uses up the tires in my humble opinion.  It
would be interesting to see the data you or someone else might have over
the life of the tires on the same track.  We use a spreadsheet to calculate
the average g's.

-Woods