Re: Chop off end of Run ?

To: bob1 <bob1@sns-access.com>
Subject: Re: Chop off end of Run ?
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:12:24 -0400
bob1 wrote:
> Is there a way to chop off or truncate the *.gcd file ?

The very first thing I do when I open any run is truncate the end using
this procedure:

(1) Click on the end of the run, which I define as the point where the
longitudinal strip chart goes from positive to negative (generally the
spot where you hit the brakes after the finish).  Others sometimes
use the end of the last acceleration peak as the end of the run, which
catches the moment you lift off the throttle rather than when you hit
the brakes, but that's a very minor difference and I think my way is
more reliable.

(2) Hold the shift key, and press the "end" key.  The end of the run
will be highlighted on the map.  (Todd suggested clicking on the end
of the run rather than using the "end" key, which also works, but less
reliably.)

(3) Hit the "delete" key.  The end of the run will be removed.

Now adjust your end speed to make the map look decent, save it under a
new, more descriptive name, and you're ready to rock.

Mark