RE: Is the G-Cube still offered separate from Geez software?

To: "Brian M Kennedy" <kennedy@i2.com>, "David Rigby"
Subject: RE: Is the G-Cube still offered separate from Geez software?
From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 21:40:00 -0700
Bryan brings up a very good point.  Byron doesn't make a lot of money on the
cube.  Byron is _not_ a hardware designer.  He is a very talented and
experienced autocrosser who is also a full time software professional. The
REAL value of the GEEZ setup is Byron's ability to translate those years of
Nationals level competitive experience into a software package that can be
used by any competitor.  The GEEZ software came to life even before the
"Cube" existed, as advanced analysis software for the now extinct G-Analyst.
Byron's investment in the development of the "Cube" was driven entirely by
his effort to make the analysis system software available to drivers at a
more affordable cost.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist (no offense Byron)
to figure out that if no one can afford the hardware, it's really hard to
sell the analysis software.

As an "early adopter", I had played with some hardware/software I had
personally developed, and tossed it once I got Byron's GEEZ software.  My
home-brew hardware was just as good as Byron's, but the software was three
orders of magnitude behind.  There is a _lot_ more experiential insight
involved in the GEEZ software than one might expect (or appreciate).

On another note:

As both a Palm and laptop user,  I still really like using the laptop so I
can view my runs before the next.  I hate getting home, downloading the
Palm, and saying "Oh, that's where I was consistently stupid for three
runs".

Wishing you great cone avoidance......

Brent DeWitt
DS 93 Neon
Loveland, CO

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///