Re: Is the G-Cube still offered seperate from Geez software?

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Is the G-Cube still offered seperate from Geez software?
From: Daniel Cyr <djcyr@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 09:31:35 -0600
Well, I can't speak for Byron, but i'm pretty sure the cube is available w/o
software. I plan on buying a 2nd cube in a month,  and i obviously dont wanna
buy the software a 2nd time! Also, if your application isnt "racing" the
software isnt too useful. He provided me a technical paper describing just how
you use the cube in a general purpose way w/o thee geez software. I last talked
to him in august over the phone. It was the work of an hour to write some
software that calibrated it, and could measure g'ees. It would take months
however to even begin to duplicate the functionality of the software as it
applies for "racing"....

If your application is racing, i suggest you get the software. If you know
enough programming to be capable of writing useful software - then you'd know
enough to prefer to buy it once you see it ;)

If you're application is non-racing, or you're strictly interested in obtaining
g measurements, AND you're a decent programmer (or willing to pay one) then by
all means get a cube w/o software.

dan

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///