Re: Which Palm?

To: "Robert Allred" <rallred@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Which Palm?
From: "Byron Short" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:49:29 -0700
We recommend the M100 when folks are buying it just for
GEEZ, and not much other use.  The 2 megs of RAM on the M100
will give you over 4 hours of recording time (although no
single run can be bigger than 25 minutes), so there's plenty
of memory.  The address and calendar features are the same
as on other Palms, so you don't give up anything there.  And
the M100 comes with the correct HotSync CABLE (as opposed to
a HotSync Cradle) to be used with GEEZ.  On other higher
priced Palms you spend more for the Palm, then spend more
again to get the HotSync Cable.

The only thing I can say on the downside is that the screen
is slightly smaller than the III, V, or VII series.  But
really, just slightly.  On overall size the M100 slots in
between the III and the super sleek V.

Overall, it's hard to beat at $149.  We buy a lot of them
from Outpost.com because they ship it the next day for
free.  We have ordered late on Friday afternoon and had it
delivered Saturday morning with no shipping charge.  Great
customer service!

--Byron
  800-775-9511

Robert Allred wrote:

> Ok, I'm ready to retire my trusty G-Analyst and pop for the Racer's Bundle,
> GEEZ and G-Cube, etc.  However, I'm not very familiar with the ubiquitous
> Palm, having only seen them from a distance or in catalogs.
>
> If my primary use for the Palm is related to GEEZ, and possibly an address
> book or calendar, will I be as well equipped with the new Palm 100 as with a
> higher price model?  Is there any advantage or disadvantage to the color
> model, or others,  that relates directly to motorsports use?
>
> For once, perhaps, I am actually considering not over-buying my needs.
>
> Thanks, in advance for suggestions.

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///