Third Gen MR2

To: "'geez@autox.team.net'" <geez@autox.team.net>
Subject: Third Gen MR2
From: "Leone, Robert" <RLeone@mail.intracorp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:41:09 -0400
A friend of mine made me aware that there was a question on this list about
the availability of aftermarket wheels for an MR2 Spyder.  My wife and I are
fielding an MR2 Spyder too.  The stock wheels are very good for
autocrossing, they are both light and durable.  I picked up an extra set to
mount autocross tires on (they are only $100 each from www.victoriatire.com
<http://www.victoriatire.com>  ).  I have talked to Tim Aro and Eric
Peterson, possibly the best Spyder drivers around right now, they are
running Miata wheels up front and have the SSR wheels in the rear.  They had
a shop grind a couple of millimeters of material off the rear hubs to meet
the offset requirement.

If this doesn't answer your questions I can be contacted off-list at
robert-leone@home.com <mailto:robert-leone@home.com>  . And to make this
list related, we are using the GEEZ! cube.

///
///  geez@autox.team.net mailing list
///