Trail-Braking, Usage, and Lack of agressiveness vs.

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Trail-Braking, Usage, and Lack of agressiveness vs.
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedy@computer.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:32:36 -0600
I've been analyzing my trail-braking...  questions arise.

I brake hard very deep and soon start turning in,
releasing the braking slowly as I add steering.
My usage consistently drops to around 80% during
trail-braking (it averages out around 86%).
Overall my aggressiveness is rated low (80%).

In looking at the friction circle formed, it seems
a little pointy, as if I am transitioning linearly
(the old string connected from steering wheel to
foot behavior).  If it should indeed be a circle,
I need to release very little braking while I quickly
add steering; get more linear trade in the middle, and
then finally transition quickly off the brake as I
slowly add in the last bit of steering.  Seems to
make sense.

OTOH, I can't remember which corners, but I often do
have some loss of traction during trail-braking.
Such a loss of traction would be seen as a drop in
friction, a drop in G's.  It would look like a lack
of aggressiveness, when in fact its caused by
over-agressiveness.

QUESTIONS:

1) Does Geez try to detect loss of friction from
over-cooking a corner and treat it differently than
simply unaggressiveness?

2) Does Geez have a notion of "over-aggressive"; or
does that effectively show up as "lack of aggressiveness"?

3) I know certain things tend to give low usage... is
trail-braking one of them?  Or are others able to trail-brake
and keep the usage numbers high throughout?

Thanks,

Brian