Confusing G-Cube desktop "sanity check"

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Confusing G-Cube desktop "sanity check"
From: Gary Browning <garyb@robotics.Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:40:11 -0700 (PDT)
I wanted to checkout my G-Cube before a race to I did a test run
on my desk.  I calibrated it, and started it recording.  I waited a
few seconds then moved it briskly forward for about a foot, waited, then
moved it brisky back to where it started, wait, left, wait, back, wait, right,
wait, back, wait, stop.

The strip chart for accel/decel looked good.  And the L/R strip chart
looked good.  Peak values for both were above 0.2G so I should be in the
range of the accelerometers.

But the map was not what I expected.  I had expected a pattern of an upside
down 'T' like the pattern I had moved the G-Cube through.  What I got was a
line that started at the bottom and went vertically up.  There were no left or
right, just vertical !!  The L/R strip chart shows 0.2G left at one point,
but map shows no left movement.  It does show vertical movement though.

I'm confused, anyone know what is going on?

The setup was - Allowed reverse data, Pitch is zero, Roll is zero, manual
mode triggering, no auto start data cropping.

-- Gary