Re: Flat-topped Friction Circle?

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: Flat-topped Friction Circle?
From: Dan Cyr <djcyr@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:46:16 -0500
[snipped a lot]

GSMnow@aol.com wrote:

> Your numbers very close to what I have seen. Our 95 Celica, at VERY low
> speeds in first gear, would just hit about .4 G before wheel spin, and my
> beast turbo rear drive Celica with 300 hp has hit over .65 G acceleration in
> second gear before wheel spin. It sure would be nice to hit 70, and I think
> the car can do it. Too much camber on the rear tires is hurting a bit.

Gary
 I did a couple of 0-60mph runs with the Gcube in my blue hatch - and briefly
touched 0.6 ( i think peak of 0.62) on acceleration  (in the top of 1st gear).
I'm hooked up as well, with very little tire slip on clean pavement. So I think
more than 40% of the cars brakingG's are available for fwd - as I never got >
1.2G on braking in that car (terrible brakes).  It did pull 1.2 peak laterally
though!

Dan