Flat-topped Friction Circle?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Flat-topped Friction Circle?
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedy@computer.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 01:44:04 -0500
Well, my previous queries haven't gotten many answers,
but as my pappy always used to say, "try, try again".  ;^)
Hope you all don't mind...

I was looking at the friction circle of a number of my
runs... and noted that its more of a friction triangle.
I asked about the pointiness at the bottom in a previous
note... this note is about the flatness at the top.

While my car does 1.0x g's laterally and braking, it
can only pull about 0.45g's accelerating.  And it seems
it can pull that many g's even when the lateral g's are
near max.  In a way that makes sense... acceleration isn't
traction limited, but power limited.  But then again, when
turning hard, I should be scrubbing away notable acceleration.

Thinking to my driving, I certainly don't go to full throttle
until I have it near-straight.  So, unless from moderate to
full throttle I only manage a few hundredths of g's, something
doesn't seem right.  Could it be that my gCube is artificially
limited in the forward direction?  (its reading wrong?)

How many g's should a 400hp 3000# car be pulling, approximately?

Just how flat are your friction circles across the top?

Thanks,

Brian