Re: Shroud/confusion

To: John Snyder <johnahsn@olypen.com>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shroud/confusion
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:38:32 -0800 (PST)
John -

You are correct.

Tricarbs use the late grille, which means the opening
is different to MkI cars and before.  I have a franken
shroud on my early BJ8 and I think the left side up to
the grill opening is from a Mk1 or before, the
curvature for the bit between the bonnet and the
grille doesn't quite match up (the older cars are
thicker like you said) and my body guy had to do a lot
of work to make it look normal when it had to be
repaired after an accident.  It still doesn't look ok
to me but no one else notices!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8