RE: Transmission disassembly( BJ8) equipped withOD

To: "James E Austin" <ahbugeye1@juno.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission disassembly( BJ8) equipped withOD
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:49:46 -0500
Sam,

I have always used force.  I arrange the third motion shaft so that
the outer shell of the bearing is resting against a pair of wooden
blocks with some clearance between the front end of the shaft and
the floor.  Then I place a piece of hard wood like oak against the
back end of the third motion shaft and hit the block with a hammer.
Works every time and the only part which may get damaged is the
bearing which I planned to replace anyway.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 BJ7