Re: H4 Carburetor Blues

To: "Mick VanderPloeg" <MVANDERPLOEG@nc.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: H4 Carburetor Blues
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:11:27 -0500
Mick, I have the old H series carbs on my healey, I rebuilt the jets when I
got the car, sometimes it helps to use fine automotive polishing compound or
jewelers rouge to make the surface of the shaft you are sealing against
ultra smooth and clean, also should save wear and tear on the little gaskets
with a smooth surface, can't hurt anyway..  I believe you can get rubber
o-rings also for this job, opinions differ on which is better, and I can't
remember what I used, but it worked

Turning counter-clockwise should move the jet down and richen the mixture as
stated in the manual, you might check to see if you have the proper
carburator needles or any air leaks in the carbs.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1

Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 4:37 PM
Subject: H4 Carburetor Blues

> While trying to adjust the mixture on my H4 carbs, fuel started dripping
from
> the jet adjusting nut.  I assume the cork sealing ring is shot (again).
These