Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems
From: WilKo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:50:48 EDT
I'm thinking that it's still the mixture that is wrong. These cars run best a
tad rich and that test of lifting the pin is not a very good test at all.
First, it's supposed to speed up slightly if it's right, and you're only
supposed
to lift it 1/32". How the heck can you do that? Lifting any more than the
miniscule 1/32" causes the piston to rise enough to accelerate the engine too
much.
Look at your smoke and check your plugs for the right color deposits. Lean
running is also harder on your engine than rich running. Lean can cause rough
running, overheating and other serious problems.

Rick
San Diego