Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oooom, cough cough cough, baahhhh - more carb problems
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:11:02 EDT
About 100 years ago...well, was probably about 30 years ago, seems like 100.
Anyway, I was taught by a very skilled BMC mechanic to set the misture to the
point where lifting the liston with the lifting pin should result in a slight
rise in RPM followed by a drop when the mixture was properly set...if the
idle increased and stayed, too rich.  If the idle dropped off, too lean.
Always
worked for me but it has been a while since I have tuned any SU carbs...Juast
my 2 cents.
Cheers,
Dave
BT 7 garage queen (for the last 20+ years).