Re: gauges

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gauges
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:40:16 -0500
Carl,

If you have a voltmeter you can tell the state of the battery and if the
generator is charging.  Granted you won't be able to tell how much charge
but if the voltage rises it is charging.  The installation of a voltmeter is
much simpler and you can use small wire because you are drawing no current.
An ammeter will tell you that the generator is working but it still won't
tell you if the battery is accepting the charge.  It also will require you
to "loop" all of the cars accessory load through the meter requiring large
wire to handle the current.  My vote is to install a good expanded scale ( 8
to 16 volt +/-) voltmeter.

Mark
Nashville
BN1