RE: Creaking spring

To: "'Peter Linn'" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Creaking spring
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:36:43 -0400
Hi Peter,
If you are sure that WD40 makes no difference when the spring is
liberally soaked I would hesitate to think that the spring is the source
of the noise. I would suggest that you check the front mounting bracket
very carefully for cracks and take a close look at the rear shackle.
Spraying with WD40 is not a permanent solution but it can be very
helpful in identifying where the movement which is causing the creaking
is occurring.

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com