Re: Fwd: Re: Brake Drum Balancing

To: "Dave Carpenter" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Brake Drum Balancing
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:52:08 -0400
Dave,

I doubt this is so.  This approach will only give a uniform thickness of the
drum.  It will not likely result in balancing.  This will need to be checked
by balancing them in some way.

As I said in an earlier post, I had excellent results with an old bubble
balancer.  Fortunately, this one had a centering cone and this guided the
drum down onto the balancing platform nicely every time.  And it has made a
big difference in the "shakes".  You might want to check with a local shop
to see if they would allow you to use theirs.

Keith Pennell