RE: water temp gauge faulty

To: "'Tim Newton'" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: water temp gauge faulty
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:01:15 -0400
Hi Tim,
Your temperature gauge is actually filled with ether and the capillary
cannot be removed from the gauge. If the gauge does not move with the
bulb in boiling water I would suspect that the capillary is cracked and
some or all of the ether has been lost. You will need to send the gauge
to a competent instrument rebuilder for repair.
To remove the gauge from the car you have to remove the bulb from the
radiator or head, taking great care not to damage the capillary tube,
then release the gauge clamp and pull the gauge and the entire capillary
tube out through the hole in the dash

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com