Radios and Rockets

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radios and Rockets
From: "Mark Goodman" <mkgoodman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:24:32 -0400
I installed a Radio in a side panel that I fabricated to go behind the
center console of my BJ8 and also mounted speakers up in the dash.  I still
have the original AM Radio, but put a blanking plate in the console.  I
wanted a "clean" look with enough volume to be heard with the top down and
driving slightly over the speed limit.  I would be happy to send images if
you email me off list.

I have seen one of the Jet Tubes that Allen Miller asked about at a RC
Aircraft Hobby Store.  I believe that they only develop about 10 pounds of
thrust, so two of them would certainly help propel the bike, but not project
it into another dimension.  They were extremely noisy and could sure add to
the old game of "my bike is cooler than yours"  It was also a step above the
playing cards held in place with wood clothes pins.

Mark Goodman