Re: carb problem on 100-4

To: James Shope <healeymanjim@JoiMail.com>
Subject: Re: carb problem on 100-4
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 23:21:51 -0600
Jim,

Bingo -- You are right on. It's really easy to get this screwed up. The
float chamber vent for the Hundreds consists of a horizontal slot cut
across the top of the float chamber. The slot prevents the shoulder on
the cover bolt from sealing the chamber. Any soft gasket or anything
that can mash down into the slot will block the vent. If you need a
washer under the cover bolt head use aluminum or steel that can't
distort enough to block off the slot. The 100M is a whole different vent
setup. If by chance, there aren't any slots in the covers, you can
either cut slots or use the 100M vent pipes & apropriate gaskets. One of
the 100M gaskets (washers) has reliefs cut into it's inner diameter to
permit air flow around the bolt shank & into the banjo. These are easy
to get in the wrong place also.

Dave Russell
BN2