Re: Baking paint or paint baking, whatever. . .

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Baking paint or paint baking, whatever. . .
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:05:51 -0400
Hi, Ron -

I use Plastikote engine enamel in a spray can, spray the parts, bake them at
300 deg. for an hour, and repeat two more times.  This gives a tough, durable
coating that resists rust.  The better you clean the parts before baking, the
better the final (and long-term) result.  No primer is required.

It also creates an odor that can be objectionable.  Running the vent fan while
baking, and having a very sympathetic and accommodating wife helps.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA