Re: what color scheme do you have on your Healey?

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what color scheme do you have on your Healey?
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 09:11:02 -0400
Greg,
I've been involved now with a number of early BN1's including preproduction
AHX14, and the first production car, BN1L138031, which is Body 24. In
addition I am presently doing a ground up on body 156 and have thoroughly
studied body 174.
All these were originally Healey Blue (metallic). Interestingly, body 156 is
listed on its build sheet as being "Healey Grey" but is the normal Healey
Blue metallic we all are familiar with.
All the above had of course the 2 piece dashboard. All were a very dark blue
main panel with silver instrument pod. Interestingly #156's instrument pod
was painted Healey Blue.
To the best of our research, all had the dark blue trim with grey piping on
the seats and armrest, and the earliest had the grey piping trimming around
the door panel pockets. Unfortunately, all the trim panels on #156 were long
gone when I first saw the car so I can't say whether this door piping lasted
that long.
It was gone by body #174.
To further complicate things I have seen more than one early BN1 over the
years that definitely had a similar shade of blue but was a solid non
metallic colour.
Rich Chrysler